The Paystack Discount Codes feature is now available and can be added to products on your Dashboard.
Discount Codes are a great way to encourage your new and existing customers to buy more products from you. Once you create a Discount Code for a product, anyone who has your product link can apply the discount on checkout and it'll be deducted from the total amount they were initially supposed to pay.
To create a Discount Code for your products, follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to the Products page on your dashboard.
- Select an existing product or create a new one.
- Click on Discount Codes and a prompt will appear.
- Customise your Discount Codes preferences on the prompt and click on the Create button.
Discount Code Customisations
Discount Code: Here, you'll need to enter the discount code you want your customers to apply on checkout after placing their orders. It can be a set of uppercase letters or alphanumeric characters i.e. a combination of uppercase letters and numbers like WINBT, TTHE123, etc.
Discount Type: The discount type is where you can select the kind of discount you want to give your customers. You can give a Fixed Amount discount e.g. NGN 500 off a customer's order, a Percentage discount e.g 10% or a Delivery Fee discount (free delivery).
Discount Value: This is where you input the value for your discount depending on whether you're giving a fixed amount discount or a percentage discount.
Set minimum order amount: This is the minimum amount of items a customer can purchase to qualify for the discount. For example, a discount of NGN 500 on all orders from NGN 10,000 and above.
Set maximum use per customer: This is the total number of times a single customer can apply a particular discount code on their order. E.g. First time customers can get a 10% discount on all their orders if they apply this discount code- WEL10 on checkout.
Set maximum number of claims: This is the total number of times a discount code can be used on orders. For example, a maximum number of claims set at 20 means that the discount code cannot be applied more than 20 times on checkout. After the 20th claim, the discount code becomes invalid.
- Set validity period: A specific period you want the discount to run for. If you're running a Black Friday sale, you may set a validity period of Nov 15 - Nov 30. This means that any customer who tries to apply this discount code before November 15 and after November 30 will be unable to apply the discount successfully.
After creating your discount code, copy the code by clicking the Copy Discount Code button on the pop-up and share it with anyone to apply on checkout.
You can also click on the link at the right side of the page - "Click here to copy a Product Link with this Discount Code pre-applied on checkout" - to copy the link to your product link with the Discount Code already applied on checkout.
How to Apply a Discount Code on a Product
Customers can apply discount codes at Checkout in two ways:
- By clicking on the product link with the discount code already pre-applied which you might have shared with them.
- By going to the order form to manually input the discount code. To do this, they can follow the steps below:
- Click on the product link, and select the number of products they want to buy.
- Click Buy Now, and fill out the order form.
- Click Review and Pay.
- Click Have a discount code? and enter the discount code.
- Click Apply. The discounted amount will show on the pay button (e.g. Pay NGN 170).
- Select your preferred payment channel and complete your payment.
How to Apply a Discount Code on a Storefront
- Click the Storefront link.
- Add items to the shopping bag and proceed to Checkout.
- On the checkout page, enter the discount code in the "Discount code" field and click "Apply".
- The discount will be applied to the total order value, and the customer can complete the purchase using any of the available payment channels.