We get started on the Product page of your dashboard. Products are sold with Payment Pages, but before we start selling, let's first create a product. You add the products you create to Payment Pages and sell these products to your customers. You can have several products on a single Payment Page which makes this feature more robust.
How do I create a Product?
To create a product, simply visit the Product page on your Dashboard and follow the steps below:
- On the Product Page, click 'New Product'.
- A pop-up box will appear where you have to fill in the name, description (optional), price and quantity of that product. Complete these fields
- After providing information on your product, simply click 'Create'.
- You have successfully created a product.
How do I sell my Products?
You can go about selling your products in two ways. You can either share the link to any of your products with your customers so they can buy it, or you can create a Payment Page to sell multiple products at once.
How do I sell a single product?
Go to the Products page on your Dashboard and follow the steps below to do this:
- When on the Products menu, click on any of the products you would like to sell.
- This will open the Product in more detail, above the price of the product, you will see a link you can copy and share with your customers. Simply copy this link.
- Share this link with your customers and they will be able to buy this particular product. The page where they pay will look like this:
How do I sell multiple products at once?
To sell multiple products at once you will need to create a Payment Page linked to multiple products. Go to the Payment Pages Menu and follow the steps below to do this:
- On the payment pages menu, click on 'New Page'.
- A pop-up box will appear where you have to select between One-time Payment, Subscription Payment and Product Payment. Select 'Product Payment'.
- You will then be presented with another pop-up box, where you have to provide information on this payment page, such as the name, description (optional), and image (optional). Complete these fields.
- After completing the fields, click 'Create' to produce a Payment Page for your products.
- The next step is to add products to this Payment Page, you just created. To do this, click on the Payment Page.
Important to Note:
When you create a Payment Page for your products, it will be unpublished by default until you add a product and it cannot be published without a product. Adding a product makes it publishable, after which you can start selling with it.
- Near the bottom left corner, you will see the option to 'Add Products', click on this and another pop-up box will appear.
- On this pop-up, you will be able to search for products you have previously created and add them to the Payment Page. You can also create a product here if you haven't before.
Important to Note:
You can create as many products as needed and choose how you add them to Payment Pages to sell. You can also add as many products as you wish to this payment page as well as add or remove products at any time.
- After selecting the products you wish to sell on this payment page, click 'Add Products'. The Payment Page will automatically publish and you can now start selling your products!
Important to Note:
If you set a stock quantity when creating a product, kindly remember to regularly update the number of available products. This is important because as you make sales, the stock unit will keep reducing until it gets to zero. At zero stock, your product will be unavailable for your customers to buy, which may not be the case. You can always edit the available quantity of your product at any time or, not set a quantity to begin with. Not setting a quantity means you have unlimited stock.