Apple Pay is a wallet service that enables users to make payments using any of the supported devices in iOS apps, and on the web using Safari. It adds two-factor authentication via Touch ID, Face ID, PIN, or passcode.
The following devices are currently compatible with Apple Pay and can be used to make payments:
- iPhone models with Face ID
- iPhone models with Touch ID, except iPhone 5s
- iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad, and iPad mini models with Touch ID or Face ID
- Apple Watch Series 1 and later
- Mac models with Touch ID
- Mac models introduced in 2012 or later with an Apple Pay-enabled iPhone or Apple Watch
- Mac computers with Apple silicon that are paired with a Magic Keyboard with Touch ID
Important to note
For the most up-to-date information, check this support article from Apple to confirm if your device supports Apple Pay.