Paystack accepts debit and credit cards from all over the world, given that they are issued by MasterCard, Visa and Verve.
You simply have to provide your card details and authorise the transaction via our 2-factor authentication process. This is done by providing your card pin, a one-time password and/or 3-D Secure authorisation.
This, at the moment, is the only channel which international customers can use to make a payment. As such, in addition to the local transaction charge of 1.5% + N100, we also have a separate charge for international transactions.
You can find a breakdown below:
For local cards
- Charge per local transaction is 1.5% + NGN 100
- The NGN 100 is waived for transactions below NGN 2,500. This means that for transactions below NGN 2,500 the charge will be 1.5% only
- Fees for local cards are capped at NGN 2,000 - this means no local transaction will be charged more than NGN 2000.
For international cards
- Charge per transaction is 3.9% + NGN 100 for transactions domiciled in
- The NGN 100 is not waived for transactions below NGN 2,500.
- There is no cap for local transactions so we will always charge the full percentage of the transaction.
- If the transaction is domiciled in USD, we will only charge 3.5% of the transaction amount.
Important to Note:
If you are receiving international payments in US Dollars, we would charge you a flat rate of 3.9% only.
Can international customers pay you with their internationally-issued cards?
Yes, customers anywhere in the world can pay you with their foreign cards, if you have internationally payments enabled for your business and if their card association is either Visa, MasterCard or Verve. Learn more about international transactions on Paystack.
Can customers do recurring payments with the Pay with Card channel?
Yes, customers can make recurring payments with the Pay with Card Channel.