To be able to start accepting real payments with Paystack, you will have to activate your business. For Starter Businesses, here is a guide to doing that.
We'll now look at these steps respectively.
Click on Continue next to Personal Information to provide us with a few details about yourself and your role at the organisation.
Click on "Continue" next to Business information to fill in information about your business. You should see a page similar to the image below.
- What does your business do: Provide us with a precise description of what your business is about and what your customers will be paying you for.
- Business Email: Enter your organization's general contact email address. Transaction notifications go to this email if they are turned on for your business.
- Support Email: Enter your business' support email address. Support requests from your customers will be forwarded to this email.
- Chargeback Email: When banks dispute a charge, those alerts will be sent to this email address. You are required to respond to chargeback emails within 24 hours, so make sure that this inbox is checked often by a decision-maker at your organization. For more on chargebacks click here.
- Phone Number of the Business: Enter the Phone number of your business/organization.
- Physical Address of the Business: Where is the best physical location at which to find the key members of your team?
- Business Logo: You can upload the logo of your business here which would display on your checkout page.
- Website Link for the Business: Enter the link to your business' website. If your primary website is on Facebook, Instagram, or another social network, don't enter it here - you'll be able to enter it in the subsequent sections.
- Facebook: Enter the link to your business' Facebook page.
- Twitter: Enter the link to your business' Twitter page.
- Instagram: Enter the link to your business' Instagram page.
- LinkedIn: Enter the link to your business' company LinkedIn page
- YouTube: Enter the link to your business' YouTube channel.
When you are done, click on the Save button to update your changes.
Important to noteAn accurate description of your business is very important. If we cannot determine what your business is about from your business description, it could delay your business activation. Take to explain your business and specify what you will be receiving payments for.
Click on Continue next to Verification Documents to provide us with information to verify your business. The information here varies by country, follow this link to see your requirements: What are the requirements for using Paystack as a Starter Business?
Here is a screenshot of how this looks:
Click on Continue next to Settlement Account to provide us with information on your payout account. For Starter Businesses, this account must be a personal account. You can refer to the image below:
Truecaller Verification (Optional)
Verifying your information using Truecaller increases the total amount of money you can collect as a Paystack Starter Business. Kindly click on this link to learn more about Truecaller verification.
Important to noteYou need to have the Truecaller app installed on your personal mobile phone to complete this step. However, this step is completely optional, you can send an activation request without completing this so it's entirely up to you to skip or proceed.
To verify your phone number, click on Continue next to Truecaller Verification (Optional). You should see a page similar to the image below.
- Enter your personal mobile number and click on "Submit"
You should get a notification on the Truecaller app on your mobile phone asking you to allow Paystack to access your Truecaller information. Click on accept or continue on your phone. After you have done this, click on the Refresh Now button on your Paystack Dashboard which should look like the image below. Once refreshed you would have completed this step.
How long will it take for your Starter Business to be activated?
If all the information you provide checks out, your business should be activated immediately. If your business is not activated immediately, our team will review it and get back to you within 48 hours after which one of three things will happen:
- Your activation request will be approved, and you'll receive an email confirming this.
- If our team discovers an issue with your request, they'll inform you about the corrections needed to rectify it. Once you've implemented the changes, resend your Activation Request so we can review it again.
- In the rare case where your business is ineligible to use Paystack, your Activation Request will be declined. Here is more information on the businesses that are eligible to use Paystack: What types of businesses are eligible to use Paystack?
We usually review activation requests within 48 hours. If you haven't heard back after 48 hours, please fill our contact form and we'll get back to you: Contact Paystack Support.