All Paystack businesses start out in Test Mode so you can fully understand the payment flow before activating your business. In Test Mode, you can integrate with Paystack, use the Dashboard and make test payments.
To start accepting real money, you need to activate your business by submitting your Compliance forms on the Dashboard. You'll be required to fill in KYC details for your business in four sections that look like this:
Click on Profile to provide us with a few details about your business and your business category. Make sure to select 'Registered business' as the Business type.
- Trading Name: This is the official trading name of your business. It is the name displayed on your checkout page as well as receipts sent to customers.
- Staff Size: This is the number of staff or employees of the business.
- Industry: This is the industry your business belongs to. If you're not sure of the suitable industry to select, please click the Help link for more information.
- Category: This is the category your business belongs to, depending on the industry you previously selected. If you're not sure of the suitable category to select, please click the Help link for more information.
- Business Type: This is where you signify that your business is a Registered business on Paystack. To see the difference between Starter and Registered businesses, please click the Learn more link.
- Legal Business Name: This is where you provide the legal name of your business as stated in your business registration document.
- Registration Type: This is where you provide the type of registration your business has. you can find more information about this on your business registration document.
Click on Save then click Next to fill in contact information about your business.
Important to note
An accurate description of your business is very important. If we cannot determine what your business is about from your business description, it could delay your business activation. Take time to explain your business and specify what you will be receiving payments for.
Fill in all details in the contact section as shown below:
- Business Email: Enter your organization's general contact email address. Transaction notifications go to this email if they are turned on for your business.
- Support Email: Enter your business' support email address. Support requests from your customers will be forwarded to this email.
- Disputes Email: When banks dispute a charge, those alerts will be sent to this email address. You are required to respond to chargeback emails within 24 hours, so make sure that this inbox is checked often by a decision-maker at your organization. For more on chargebacks click here.
- Phone Number of the Business: Enter the Phone number of your business/organization.
- Website Link for the Business: Enter the link to your business' website. Also, include the links to your social media pages.
- Twitter: Enter the link to your business' Twitter page.
- Facebook: Enter the link to your business' Facebook page. Instagram: Enter the link to your business' Instagram page.
- Registered Address: Provide the best physical location at which to find the key members of your team.
- Office Address: Provide the official address of your business as shown in your registration documents
- When you are done, click on the Save button to update your changes.
Click Next to provide us with information on your payout account. For a Registered business, this account must be a corporate bank account with the same name as your business registration document. You can refer to the image below:
Click Next to provide us with business registration documents to verify your business. The document requirements here vary by country, and by business industry. You will be required to provide documents that relate to your industry. You can refer to the image below:
Click on Save to complete this process.
As soon as all four sections are filled and completed, you'll see the 'Activate Business' button at the top right corner of the page. Here is a screenshot of how this looks:
Click on this button to activate your business. Your business will automatically go live and you can start receiving real payments immediately.