The Paystack Terminal is currently only available to Nigeria-based registered businesses and helps you seamlessly collect in-person payments from your customers.
Here’s a short checklist to help you get started with Paystack Terminal quickly:
- Create a Paystack account for your business if you don't have an existing Paystack business. You are required to sign up as a Registered business to request a Paystack Terminal. Here’s a guide on how to create a Paystack account.
- Activate your Paystack business if your business is not yet live. Here’s a guide on how to activate a Registered business on Paystack.
- Request for Live Terminals from the Terminals page on your Dashboard. For Test (debug) terminals, email us at email@example.com.
- Sit back and relax. We’ll deliver to your location in 3-5 working days!
Cool features of the Paystack Terminal
Paystack Terminal strives to provide the best in-person payment experience possible, and we are constantly improving its features.
We highlighted some of the cool features of Paystack Terminal below.
Variety of Payment Methods: You can receive payments from your customers through multiple payment channels.
Method Fee Card 0.5% capped at 1000 USSD 1.5% capped at NGN 2,000. We waive the additional 100 NGN for all local transactions below 2500 NGN Bank Transfer 1.5% capped at NGN 2,000. We waive the additional 100 NGN for all local transactions below 2500 NGN
- Visibility on all transactions from the Paystack Dashboard: You can see all transactions processed on your terminals on your Paystack Dashboard. This is helpful to know your average order size, plan for inventory, and resolve disputes.
- End of day reconciliation: Each Terminal payment is available in real-time on the Paystack Dashboard and on the mobile apps, saving you countless hours during reconciliation.
You can also print out an end-of-day report to show all transactions processed on a particular terminal on a given day. Transactions are also available via the API.
- Control staff access: Create multiple users accounts for staff with varying levels of access or permission according to their role.
For example, while a cashier may need permission to print end of day reports only, the branch manager may need access to see and manage transactions online. You can create different user accounts for both staff and give them different permissions.
- Success rates: We have a monthly average success rate of 90%. The 10% of failed transactions include customer errors such as insufficient funds, wrong pin, etc.
- Quick settlement: We send your funds on a T+1 settlement basis, meaning one working day after the transaction date.
- Receive payments how you want: Unlike other POS terminals, you are not restricted to using one bank account to receive payments. You can get your daily payouts in any bank account and change this whenever you like. You can also split payments between multiple bank accounts using our split payment feature.
- Seamless integration and customisation: The Paystack terminal is completely programmable. This means that developers and merchants can build custom apps on it to create unique branded experiences. The terminal integrates seamlessly with existing point-of-sale systems as well as different accounting, inventory, and business management software.
- Instant refunds: Merchants can handle disputes and make refunds easily.
- You can use Paystack Terminals to collect payment for Paystack Invoices. For businesses with an online and physical store, this allows you to bridge the gap between online and offline payments. See Paying for invoices on Paystack Terminals for more information about this.
The transaction charges for Paystack Terminal vary according to the payment channel as highlighted above in the features section.
Our device pricing varies according to the type of terminal. See How much Paystack Terminal costs for more information about our Terminal pricing.