To start accepting real payments with Paystack, you will have to activate your business. For Registered Businesses, here is a guide to doing that.
On the compliance tab of your dashboard, you'll notice four main sections. Complete filling these sections to activate your business.
On the Profile page, describe and categorize your business.
- Trading name: This is the official trading name of your business. It is the name displayed on your checkout page as well as receipts sent to customers.
- Staff size- This is the number of staff or employees of the business.
- Industry- This is the industry your business belongs to. If you're not sure of the suitable industry to select, please click on the Help link for more information.
- Category- This is the category your business belongs to, depending on the industry you previously selected. If you're not sure of the suitable category to select, please click on the Help link for more information. Please make sure to select the exact category that matches your business. This will determine the type of document you're required to provide.
- Business type- This is where you signify that your business is a registered business on Paystack. To see the difference between a starter and registered businesses, please click the learn more link.
- Legal business name- This is the official business registration name according to your business registration document.
- Registration type- This is the type of registration that your business has with the appropriate authority. Please make sure to select the exact registration type that matches your business. This will determine the type of document you're required to provide.
Fill in all details in the contact section as shown below:
- General Email: Enter your organization's general contact email address. Transaction notifications go to this email if they are turned on for your business.
- Support Email: Enter the email address where you'll receive customer support requests and complaints. You can also choose to use the same email address as your general email address.
- Disputes Email: When banks dispute a charge, those alerts will be sent to this email address(es). You have to respond to transaction disputes before they expire, so make sure that the email addresses listed here are checked often by a decision-maker at your organization. For more on chargebacks click here.
- Phone Number: Enter the phone number of your organization.
- Website Link: Enter the link to your business' website. You can also include the links to your social media pages.
- Twitter: Enter the link to your business' Twitter page.
- Facebook: Enter the link to your business' Facebook page. Instagram: Enter the link to your business' Instagram page.
- Registered Address: The official address of your business as shown in your registration documents
- Office Address: Where is the best physical location at which to find the key members of your team?
- When you are done, click on the Save button to update your change.
On the Account page, you'll provide us with information about your payout account. For Registered Businesses, this account must be a corporate account that matches the name on your business registration document. After inputting your bank name and account number, our system will generate the matching account name. You can then proceed to save the section. Please refer to the image below:
On the documents page, you'll be required to provide all documents depending on your business category and registration type. You'll also be required to provide details of the business owners and director. Below is a screenshot of what the document section will look like for a BN-registered business:
Click on Save to complete this process.
As soon as all 4 sections are filled and completed, you'll see the 'Activate Business' button at the top right of the page. Clicking this button will activate your starter business and you can start accepting payment. Here is a screenshot of how this looks:
Your registered business will be activated as soon as you click this button. You can start accepting payment immediately.