When filling the Compliance tab, one of the documents you will be asked to provide is a Proof of Address as a regulatory requirement to validate the persons you submit as directors of your business or the beneficial owners of your business.
Below is a list of documents you can provide as a valid proof of address for Businesses given they also meet the following requirements:
- Must be less than 6 months old
- Carries the name of the identified individual
a. Utility bill. Examples of this include:
- Electricity bill (see below for instructions on how to generate these)
- Water bill
- Waste bill
- Cable TV bill such as a DSTV bill.
b. Bank statements or documents issued by a financial institution that shows the person is associated with a specific address.
c. Tax assessment.
d. Government issued document delivered to person's address. Examples of this include:
- Letter by an MDA(Ministries, Departments, and Agencies) or any other government parastatal that was delivered to the bearer at a particular address
- Mortgage receipt
- Court processes or documents
e. Sworn Affidavits. Examples of this include:
- Notarised copies of declaration or statement of address
- Court affidavits (you can request to swear to an affidavit at any High Court)
e. Other documents issued by a reliable authority. Examples of this include:
- Notice of tenement rate assessment
- Land use charge receipts
- Estate or serviced apartment receipts, including the name of the person and the name of the estate that issued the document
How to quickly generate a proof of address with your utility bill
There are a few service providers where you can easily generate a receipt or bill from your online account that will satisfy our requirement for a proof of address.
An example of such service providers is the Nigerian based business, Buypower.ng. BuyPower is an online reseller of electricity units for Nigerian homes and offices and by using their service, you're able to purchase electricity for your prepaid meter and generate a utility bill online without much hassle. Here's all you need to do to generate an acceptable proof of address from Buypower:
A. Login or sign-up to www.buypower.ng
B. Purchase electricity units
C. Generate the receipt
This receipt is now a valid proof of your residential address you can submit to Paystack.
If you're not certain that the document you have works, or if you need any help with your submission, please use the Support button on your Dashboard or send an email to email@example.com.