If you have international payments enabled on your Paystack business, you will be able to receive payments from customers using a USD card. If you're not enabled, please see how to turn on international payments on Paystack.
Once international payment is turned on for your business, there are two ways you can go about receiving USD, depending on how you will be paid out.
Methods of receiving USD Payment
Received in USD and paid out in local currency
If you prefer to receive your payouts in your local currency, simply set the prices for your products or service in your local currency. When a customer with a card domiciled in USD (or any currency) makes a payment, their bank deducts the USD (or the currency of the card if not a USD-based card) equivalent of the amount from the customer. We then receive the exact amount in the local currency which we then pay to you.
This is available in all countries where Paystack operates.
Important to note
For this to work, you will need to ensure your prices are set in your local currency or you will receive a 'Currency not supported' error. We're working on a feature that allows you to list your prices in USD and get paid out in your local currency.
Received in USD and paid out in USD
Some countries have the ability to accept payments for their business in USD and be paid out in USD.
Can be paid out in USD?
What are the requirements for accepting payments in USD?
- At the moment, this feature is only available to businesses in Nigeria and Kenya. To get access to this in Nigeria, you will need to have an active business based in Nigeria. Similarly, you need to have an active business based in Kenya to accept payments in USD.
- To get your payouts for USD transactions in Nigeria you'll need a Zenith Bank USD domiciliary account. You can learn. In Kenya, you’ll need a USD bank account domiciled in a Kenyan bank.
How do I add my USD domiciliary account on Paystack?
- Go to the Settings page on your Paystack Dashboard and click on the Payouts Accounts tab.
- After that, click on Add bank account, beside the USD currency as illustrated below:
- Select your bank and add your domiciliary USD account number.
- Finally, click 'Add bank account' to save it.
How much do we charge for USD transactions?
Please find our pricing for USD transactions: