A dedicated NUBAN is a feature on the Paystack Dashboard and API that allows merchants to create and reserve bank account numbers for receiving payments from their customers. This enables your customers to pay you via bank transfers to this dedicated NUBAN.
How does this work?
The dedicated NUBAN that you generate is linked to your Paystack business. When your customers send money to a dedicated NUBAN bank account, a transaction will be created on your transaction page just like any other transaction done via card, bank, USSD, etc. Also, like with any other transaction, you will be notified via email and this transaction will be captured on your Paystack dashboard. If you've set up any webhooks, events will be fired to that webhook URL so your servers can take action following the payment.
You can look at this dedicated NUBAN as another payment channel for your business, now customers will be able to pay you with a simple bank transfer.
What are the requirements for creating Dedicated NUBANs?
- The customer's phone number
- The customer's full name
How can I generate a dedicated NUBAN account for my customers?
Dedicated NUBANs can be created from the Paystack dashboard or via API. Please follow the steps below to get started.
Via the Dashboard
- Navigate to the Customers page on your dashboard and select the customer you would like to create a dedicated NUBAN for.
- When on a particular customer, you will see the option to "Generate account number". Click on this.
- You will then be prompted to provide a phone number for the customer, do this and continue.
- Choose a preferred bank to generate a NUBAN account from under the list of banks provided.
- Finally, click on "Generate NUBAN" button.
To generate a dedicated NUBAN account via the API, please visit our documentation here.