If the nature of your business requires you to make several transfers at once or in a short period of time, it will be cumbersome having to make each of these transfers individually. With our bulk upload feature, you are able to upload a CSV file containing all the transfers you want to make and initiate them all at once, directly from your Paystack Dashboard.
There are specific instructions to ensuring this works and this guide will help you do just that.
How to initiate a bulk transfer from your dashboard
- The first place to start is the bulk uploads section of the transfers menu on your dashboard. You will see a 'sample CSV' that contains the right format for your transfers, click to download this file. This is the file you are going to complete and upload to initiate a bulk transfer. Here is an illustration below:
- Once this file has been opened, you will find two examples of how you can fill in the transfer recipient's information. You can either provide a recipient code or their bank account information. Also, you can include recipient codes for some customers and bank account information for others on the same CSV file.
- Depending on the transfer recipient information you want to provide, there are compulsory columns that must be filled. If these columns are not filled, the transfer will not be initiated. Here is a guide to both:
- Recipient Code: The compulsory columns are: Transfer Amount and Recipient Code. Also, the recipient code will override any other information you provide, such as bank code, account number etc.
- Bank account information: The compulsory columns are Transfer Amount, Bank Code or Slug, and Account Number. All other columns are optional and will not prevent the transfer from being successful. Here is a link to all the Bank Codes and Slugs: https://api.paystack.co/bank.
- Once you have completed your transfer list, make sure to save the file format as CSV then upload to your dashboard from the bulk upload's section.
- After uploading this CSV file, your dashboard will show a complete list of all the transfers you are about to initiate. This is the final opportunity to review and confirm; once you're done, click 'Send Transfers'.
- All your transfers will be queued then sent immediately.
Congratulations you've just initiated a bulk transfer!