Our transfers feature enables you to make third-party payments to bank accounts in your country. To be able to make a transfer on Paystack, you will need to be a Registered Business with funds in your balance.
Only Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana and South Africa-based businesses are currently able to make use of the transfers feature.
How do I get money in my Balance?
Your transfers balance is funded using our Topup feature. Funding your balance helps you move money from a bank account into your Paystack Balance, click here to learn more about the Topup feature. Once you have money in your Paystack Balance, you'll be able to use it for transfers into bank accounts.
How do I make a transfer from my dashboard?
- First, go to the Transfers page on your Dashboard and click on the 'New Transfer' button near the top centre of the page. For this guide, we'll focus on single transfers so select 'Single Transfer'.
For bulk transfers please click here: How do I make bulk transfers from my Paystack Dashboard?
- After this, you will be presented with the page below where you have to fill in the information on the transfer recipient. We'll break down each of these fields below and put asterisks (*) on the compulsory fields.
- *Choose Balance: This lets you choose which of your Paystack balances you want to transfer from. It also displays the amount in your balance that is available for transfer.
- *Amount to Send: This is where you input the amount you would like to transfer.
- *Bank Name: Here a drop-down will show a list of banks you can transfer to.
- *Account Number: Type in the account number you would like to make the transfer to. The account number must be an account of the bank name you selected in No. 3 above.
- Account Name: After you have typed in the bank name and account number, the account name will appear here after a brief period. If no name appears, it means we could not find the account number in the bank you specified. You can type in the account name by yourself if you are very sure the bank name and account number are correct.
- Email Address: This is where you specify the email address of the recipient.
- Transfer Note: You can type in a brief description of the transfer here. This note should appear in the narration of this transaction both in your account statement and the credit alert text message that will be sent to the receiver of the funds.
Transfer Reference: You can type in a personalised reference code here.
Once you're done completing the compulsory fields simply click 'Start Transfer' and you are done!
How much does it cost to make a transfer?
Our transfer fees vary by country and sometimes by the amount you are trying to transfer. For a detailed breakdown of our fees see the table below:
|South Africa||N/A||ZAR 3 per transfer (failed or successful)|
Transfers to Mobile Money
Transfers to Bank Account
GHS 1 per successful transfer
GHS 8 per successful transfer
||M-PESA transfers between KES 10 and KES 1,500||KES 20 per successful transfer|
|M-PESA transfers between KES 1,501 and KES 20,000||KES 40 per successful transfer|
|M-PESA transfers above KES 20,001||KES 60 per successful transfer|
|Nigeria||Transfers of NGN 5,000 and below||NGN 10 per successful transfer|
|Transfers between NGN 5,001 and NGN 50,000||NGN 25 per successful transfer|
|Transfers above NGN 50,000||NGN 50 per successful transfer|
Important to Note:
There’s an additional ZAR 3 charge for Account Validation for South Africa-based businesses, per successful API call.
What is the minimum amount and maximum amount I can transfer?
This value also varies by country, please find a breakdown below:
Minimum Transfer Amount
Maximum Transfer Amount
|South Africa||ZAR 1||ZAR 1,000,000|
|Ghana||GHS 1||GHS 50,000|
|Kenya||KES 10||KES 150,000|
|Nigeria||NGN 50||NGN 10,000,000|