A Plan on Paystack is a specific schedule for recurring payments. With plans, you are able to set ahead of time, the periods when your customer should be debited for a service you are offering. Plans can be set at various intervals, every hour, day, week, month, or year depending on your preference. This enables your customers to input their card details once and we'll debit them without having to provide their card details again in the future.
Important to Note
A Plan is a set schedule that deducts a specified amount at regular intervals, while a Subscription is the recurring payment that runs on an existing plan.
So, for example, your business could have a Plan that is created to charge customers N5,000 every month for home cleaning, a customer then subscribes to that plan and they are charged N5,000 monthly.
How do I create a Plan?
You can learn how to create a plan by going through our detailed guide on how to collect recurring payments using Paystack Payment Pages.
The Plans Page
On this page, you can find a list of all the plans you have created
You are also able to see the number of subscribers on each of your plans, the amount of the plan, and the plan interval, that is, the period your customer pays you, monthly, weekly etc. If you select a plan, you are able to see more information as illustrated below:
- Plan Code: This is a unique code given to every plan, it is used to identify a particular plan
- Subscription Link: This link leads to the page where customers can subscribe to a plan.
- Edit Plan/Delete Plan: This gives you the option to edit the name, description or price of your plan. You cannot edit the interval once the plan is created. You can also choose to delete the plan.
- Customer: Here you can find the email of the customers subscribed to your plan.
- Subscribed On: You also get the exact date and time your customer subscribed.
- Limit: This is the invoice limit for a plan, which is a number of times you want your customer to be charged.
- Next Charge: This is the next time your customer will be charged their subscription fee.
- Actions: This is one of the ways you can cancel a customer's subscription.
How do I delete a Plan?
To delete an existing plan, please take the following steps: Go to the Plans page on your dashboard.
- Select the plan that you wish to delete.
- Scroll down near the bottom of the page and click on "Delete Plan"
- You have successfully deleted a plan.
Important to Note
Be careful when deleting plans these three things will happen:
- You will no longer be able to view this plan on your dashboard
- Customers will no longer be able to subscribe to this plan
- All active subscriptions to this plan will be cancelled, and subscribers will be informed
If you will like to cancel a customer's subscription instead, please click here.
Article is closed for comments.