The Paystack Subscriptions feature allows customers to pay a specific amount every hour, day, week, month, or year depending on the recurring interval set on a plan. With recurring payments on Paystack, the customer enters their card details once, and they're dutifully debited without them having to input their card details again in future.
Important to Note
A Plan is a set schedule that deducts a specified amount at regular intervals, while a Subscription is the recurring payment that runs on an existing plan.
So, for example, your business could have a Plan that is created to charge customers N5,000 every month for home cleaning, a customer then subscribes to that plan and they are charged N5,000 monthly.
How do I create a Subscription page?
You can learn how to create a subscription page by going through our detailed guide on how to collect recurring payments using Paystack Payment Pages.
The Subscriptions Menu
This page shows you a list of all your customers subscribed to any of your plans. There are three types of subscriptions: Active, Inactive, and Complete.
: These are subscriptions that are currently running.
- Inactive: These are cancelled subscriptions.
- Complete: These are subscriptions that are completed. This is useful when you set the number of times your customer should be charged.
There are a few ways you can interact with this page, such as searching for subscribers and filtering results, this is explained below:
- Search by email: You can search for a subscriber using their email address.
- Filter by Plan: You can filter your subscribers by the plan they are on.
- Filter by Status: Subscribers can also be filtered by the status of their subscriptions.
- Filter by Plan amount: You can also filter your subscribers by the price of their plans.
- Filter by Date range: Subscribers can be filtered by the date they subscribed to a plan.
How do I cancel a customer's subscription?
- First, go to the subscriptions menu on your dashboard.
- You will need to find the subscription you want to cancel, the easiest way to do this is to use your customer's email address to search.
- When you find the subscription click on it and then a pop-up will appear as captured below:
- Click on 'Cancel Subscription'
- You've successfully cancelled a subscription.
Important to Note:
Take note of the plan your customer is subscribed to before you cancel a subscription. This is because the same customer can be subscribed to more than one of your plans and you would not want to cancel the wrong subscription.