Nigerian customers have the option to pay any business integrated with Paystack using our USSD channel. You simply have to use your phone to dial a code we provide, verify it using your pin or the last four digits of your card, and then confirm the payment on our checkout form.
Which banks are supported?
Customers with accounts at the following banks can make payments with the Pay with USSD option:
- Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank), *737#
- Sterling Bank, *822#
- United Bank for Africa (UBA), *919#
- Zenith Bank, *966#
- Fidelity Bank, *770#
Do USSD codes expire?
Yes, USSD codes expire after 6 hours, this means they will need to be used within 6 hours of creation.
What are the transaction charges for the Pay with USSD channel?
- Charge per transaction is 1.5% + NGN 100
- The NGN 100 is waived for transactions below NGN 2,500. This means that for transactions below NGN 2,500 the charge will be 1.5% only
- Fees are capped at NGN 2,000 - this means no transaction will be charged more than NGN 2,000.
Can customers do recurring payments with the Pay with USSD channel?
It's currently not possible for customers to make recurring payments with the Pay with USSD payment channel.