What is a Paystack Discount Code?
The Paystack Discount Codes feature is a new addition to our suite of Commerce tools. This feature allows you to create and manage Discount Codes that can be applied by your customers at the checkout stage of a purchase. You can create codes that offer a Fixed Amount discount (NGN 500), a Percentage discount (15%), or Free Delivery. You can also set the conditions under which the codes can be redeemed. For example, you can set a minimum order value, a specific product, or a maximum number of uses per discount code.
Discount Codes are used to encourage customers to make a purchase, reward loyalty, or incentivise customers to spend more. Businesses use discounts to run promotional sales at various points in time. It could be during Black Friday sales, Valentine's Day sales, Christmas sales, and so on. Customers are more likely to buy from a store that offers discounts than one that doesn't.
Once a Discount Code is created, you can share it with your customers via email, social media, or other marketing channels. When a customer enters the code at checkout, the discount is automatically applied to their order, and the payment is processed.
Important to note
Paystack Discount Codes can only be used on Storefronts and Product pages. The feature is currently not available for use on Payment pages.
How does a Discount Code work on Paystack?
To use our Discount Codes feature, you must first create a product or have existing products on your Paystack dashboard. If you have this,
- Go to the Products or Storefronts page on your dashboard.
- Select a Product or Storefront.
- Click the Discount Codes tab and then click on +New Discount Code.
- Enter a name for the discount, choose the discount type (percentage, fixed amount, or free delivery), and set the discount value.
- Set the redemption options. You can choose to limit the number of times the code can be used, or set an expiry date for the code.
- Click Create to save the settings.
- Click Copy Discount Code to copy the code and share it with your customers, or click the link at the top right side of the page with the discount code already applied to copy and share the link with your customers.
You can find more information on how to set your discount codes preferences in this article.
Do Discount Codes work on Pay for Me links?
Yes. The Paystack Discount Codes also work on Pay For Me links. This means that your customers can apply discount codes on their orders from your storefront or product link, and choose "Let someone pay for you" as their preferred payment method. Once they do, a link will be generated which they can share with anyone to help them pay for the purchase and the person will only be required to pay the discounted amount on checkout.
How to Apply a Discount Code on a Product
Customers can apply discount codes at checkout in two ways:
- By clicking on the product link with the discount code already pre-applied which you must have shared with them.
- By going to the order form to manually input the discount code. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Click on the product link, and select the number of products they want to buy.
- Click Buy Now, and fill out the order form.
- Click Review and Pay.
- Click Have a discount code? and enter the discount code.
- Click Apply. The discounted amount will show on the pay button (e.g. Pay NGN 170).
- Select your preferred payment channel and complete your payment.
How to Apply a Discount Code on a Storefront
- Click the Storefront link.
- Add items to the shopping bag and proceed to checkout.
- On the checkout page, enter the discount code in the "Discount Code" field and click "Apply".
- The discount will be applied to the total order value, and the customer can complete the purchase using any of the available payment channels.
Important to note
When using Discount Codes on a storefront, the store discount overrides the individual product discounts. This means that if you offer discounts to customers who purchase from a particular storefront, the individual discounts you already created for any product on that storefront will no longer apply.
Article is closed for comments.