SnapScan is a mobile payments solution that lets users complete payments by scanning a unique QR code from within the SnapScan mobile application. Payments are quick and easy to complete.
At checkout, customers can select the option to pay using the SnapScan channel. They can simply scan the QR code displayed from within the SnapScan mobile application to complete payments. The customer will need to provide their PIN to complete the transaction.
How to pay with SnapScan on a PC
To pay with SnapScan on a PC or any device other than your phone:
- Click on the SnapScan option on the Checkout Form, and a QR code will be revealed
- Open the SnapScan app on your phone, click on the camera icon, and scan the SnapScan QR code
- Click on "Pay" and enter your pin— that's it!
How to pay with SnapScan on your phone
If you're paying with your phone, it's a slightly different experience.
- Tap on the SnapScan option on the Checkout Form, and a QR code will be revealed.
- You’ll see an option to Open in SnapScan App
- Tap on "Open in SnapScan App," which will open SnapScan on your phone.
- Click on "Pay" and enter your pin — that's it!
Who can make QR payments with SnapScan?
Only users of the SnapScan mobile application can use this channel.
What is the transaction charge for the SnapScan channel?
The charge per transaction is the same as other payment channels; 2.9% + R1.00 (VAT exclusive).
Can customers make recurring payments with the SnapScan channel?
It's currently not possible for customers to make recurring payments with the Pay with SnapScan payment channel.
Can all Paystack merchants accept payments through the SnapScan channel?
The SnapScan channel is currently available to South African merchants only.