You can collect additional information from your customers in two ways:
- Using a Payment Page
- Using the API
Using a Payment Page
- Click on the Payment Pages item on the menu of your Dashboard under COMMERCE.
- At the top right corner of the page, click on the button that reads + New Page.
- Choose a Payment Page type.
- Click 'Show advanced options' at the bottom of the page.
- Scroll down to the field that reads *'*Do you want to collect any extra information?' Populate the vacant field and click on + Add Another Field **if you wish to collect more data.
When you have finished adding all the information you want, click Update to save your Payment Page.
Using the API
If you're using the API, you can add
custom_fields as an attribute which has an array of objects to the
metadata parameter. You can then pass any additional information you want to add to the transaction.
You should, however, know that you would have to create an input field on your frontend to collect this data before initializing this transaction. Then, you can include as much data as you want in the metadata object.