In order to meet "Know Your Customer" (KYC) requirements, Paystack needs to verify the identity of every business that receives payments via its platform and the identity of the people that own the business.
The people whose identity we need to verify are the proprietor (for sole proprietorship businesses), or the directors and ultimate beneficial owners (for incorporated businesses).
The documents required are:
- A copy of your Certificate of Incorporation or Certificate of Business Name Registration from the Corporate Affairs Commission which will include the company’s RC or BN number shown at the top right corner of the certificate.
- The Form 2A and Form 7A from the Corporate Affairs Commission to help us identify the current directors and ultimate beneficial owners of the company. Newer companies may have a Form CAC 1.1, we accept this form as well if it includes the current directors and ultimate beneficial owners.
- We may ask for additional documentation if your business is considered high risk.
- The passport, national passport, voter’s card or drivers' license for the proprietor, director or ultimate beneficial owner.
- For Nigerian businesses, the Bank Verification Number (BVN) of the proprietor, director or ultimate beneficial owner.
- For Ghanaian businesses, the Tax Identification Number of the proprietor, director or ultimate beneficial owner