For UBA customers that want to use our Pay with Bank channel, generating an OTP to authorise your transactions is a bit different from other banks. We've put together a simple guide to go about it.
Installing UBA Secure Pass on your mobile phone
The first thing you will need to do is to install UBA Secure Pass, follow the steps below to do this.
- Go to your mobile phone application store. (i.e. Apple Store, Google Play Store, Blackberry World or Microsoft Store)
- Search for "UBA Secure Pass". On Blackberry World, the app is called "U-Token" so search for this instead.
- Simply download the application and wait till it installs automatically on your mobile phone.
Once you have UBA Secure Pass installed on your phone, you are ready to take the next steps towards activating it.
Logging into the application
To be able to log into the UBA Secure Pass application, you will need your User ID from your internet or mobile banking profile with UBA. This means that you have to be set up on internet or mobile banking to complete this step, if you do not have internet banking kindly follow this link to get started: UBA Internet Banking Registration. Also, your UBA account must be eligible for one-time password (OTP) login, if you are not eligible, please contact UBA to resolve this.
If you meet these requirements, please follow the steps below login:
- Insert your User ID (i.e. UBA Internet Banking or UBA Mobile Banking ID)
- Select the country of your UBA account, for this guide let's choose "Nigeria", then click "Ok".
- An OTP will be sent to your registered phone number to complete the login process. Simply insert the OTP sent and click "Ok"
Requesting Secure Pass service
- After logging in, select "I‘d like to request a Secure Pass".
- If you logged in with your internet banking user ID earlier, you will need to answer your security question to complete your request. Simply provide the answer and click "Ok". Alternatively, if you logged in with your mobile banking user ID, you will not be required to answer a security question, skip to step 3.
- Next, you will need to provide a name for your new token identity, think of a name that's easy to remember, fill it in and click "Ok". You can name it anything you want.
- Afterwards, you may be asked, "Have you downloaded and installed the UBA Secure Pass application onto your mobile device?", at this point we have, so click "Yes".
- You will then presented with the page to activate your UBA Secure Pass Identity, simply click "Activate UBA Secure Pass".
- If your activation was successful, click "Next" if not, click "Cancel" for more options.
Creating your pin and generating your first token code
After activating UBA Secure Pass, you will need to create a pin, which would be used to generate a secure token code each time you need to authorise a transaction. To do this, we'll continue from the previous step:
- After activating your UBA Secure Pass, click "Next"
- You will be prompted to create a 4 digit pin, input your pin of choice, confirm it then click "submit". This will generate your first token code.
- Subsequently, you will need to provide this 4-digit pin to generate token codes, so make sure it's something you can easily remember.
Congratulations, you are now fully set-up on UBA Secure Pass.