The Balance History on your Paystack dashboard captures all the activity on your Transfers Balance. All the inflow and outflow of funds are recorded here as well as their respective effects on your balance.
Here is an illustration of how this page looks, along with an explanation of columns:
- Filters: You are able to filter your Balance History by the nature of activity, currency and date.
- Type: This is the type of activity, it can either be an inflow or outflow of funds, represented by "In" and "Out" respectively.
- Amount: The amount of charge in Naira/USD. Outflows are always represented by a negative sign (-) before the amount.
- Balance Before: Balance before the activity.
- Balance After: Balance after the activity.
- Detail: This captures the nature of the activity and can be a number of things, from a transfer to a top-up.
- Date: The exact date and time the activity occurred.
- Export CSV: You are able to export a CSV of your balance history.
What sort of activity will be captured on my Balance History?
- Transfers: Any transfer that is made to a third party will be captured on your Balance History
- Transfer Charges: Our N50 charge per transfer also reflects here
- Reversed Transfers: Any transfer that is reversed is shown on your history
- Top-Ups: Any top-up you make from your dashboard would be captured here as a "transaction". Manual top-ups, i.e. we apply for you, will appear as "external". This also includes manual deductions
- Refunds: Any refunds made with funds in your transfers balance will reflect on your balance history
- BVN Service Charges: Since we charge your transfer balance for our BVN services, naturally these will show up here
How can I track top-ups in my Balance History?
For top-ups that you make on your dashboard, we treat them as transactions on your Balance History. If you would like to track your top-ups, simply filter for "transactions" on the balance history page. This is illustrated below:
For merchant that top-up large amounts that have to be applied manually by us, you will need to filter for "external" to find any additions to your balance. For deductions that are made manually, you will have to filter for "external" as well, however, the flow would be "Out" in this case.